9 Motivational Quotes On The Power of Books

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Many people like to read and others hate reading. I discovered these old quotes concerning the value of books which I wanted to share with you.

Serious entrepreneurs will go and grab a book and start reading after they absorb the power within these 9 Motivational Quotes about books. Personally, number 9 is my favorite by Mark Twain.

Motivational Book Quote 1:

“How many a man has dated a new era in his life from reading a book?”
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) – American Essayist, Naturist and Poet

Motivational Book Quote 2:

Will Rogers (1835-1935) – American Actor and Humorist

Motivational Book Quote 3:

“The books that help you most are those which make you think the most.”
Theodore Parker (1810-1860) – Unitarian Theologian and Publicist

Motivational Book Quote 4:

“I suggest that the only books that influence us are those for which we are ready and
which have gone a little further down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves.”

E.M. Forster (1879-1970) – English Novelist, Short-Story teller and Essayist

Motivational Book Quote 5:

“Books give not wisdom where none was before. But where some is, there reading makes it more.”
John Harrington (1516-16-17) – English Writer and Satirist

Motivational Book Quote 6:

“That is a good book which is opened with expectation and closed in profit.”
Amos Bronson Alcott (1799-1888) – American Author

Motivational Book Quote 7:

“What a sense of security in an old book which time has criticized for us.”
James Russell Lowell (1818-1891) – American Poet, Critic, Editor and Diplomat

Motivational Book Quote 8:

“In the case of good books, the point is not how many of them you can get through,
but rather how many can get through to you.”

Mortimer Jerome Adler (B. 1902) – American Author and Philosopher

Motivational Book Quote 9:

“The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them!”
Mark Twain (1835-1910) – American Writer and Humorist

“Dedicated to kicking your ass until you succeed.”

Warmly

Trevor ‘ToeCracker’ Crook
PS. If you like these quotes and all of the others I have on my blog, I urge you to pay these forward to your friends and anyone you know can benefit from them. Simply send them to home page of my blog.

No related posts.

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

10 Responses to 9 Motivational Quotes On The Power of Books

• Black Cockatoo says:

These quotes about the power of books proves why people need to read more.

• Nice article, reading is great. There is just so much we can learn and books are a great way to access the knowledge of the world.

In regards to the quote :“A man only learns in 2 ways, one by reading and the other by association with smarter people.”

There are obviously other ways that we can learn as well otherwise there would be no new knowledge. Observation of the world around us and logical thought allow us to arrive at new ideas and knowledge. I do agree with the spirit of the quote though, reading and discussing things with smart people are great ways to learn.

• Andrew Molobetsi says:

Great blog post, Trevor.

I agree with you. Words (ie books) do possess such amazing power in them that have changed many people’s destinies just by following the examples of smart people who wrote them.

For example, back in the ealy 1990′s I was at my lowest level ever, until I picked up a second-hand papaerback from a flea market stand. The book was “The Master-Key to Riches” by the great Napoleon Hill.

I spent the whole long weekend reading the book from cover to cover. Where else could I go? As they say: “Nobody wants you when you’re down and out”, so I thought!

But all that has changed. I never think anybody can kick me without me allowing it!

Simply put, the power of words in that little book changed my life forever. By Tuesday, I thinks I was one of the first people who was looking forward to the day.

The first thing i did was go look for a job. I was so positive the guy hired me on the spot without an interview to speak of. And since that day, I have never looked back.

Best of all, I still go back to the little book whenever I feel like a ‘kick’ on the you-know- where!

Yes, I also believe Mark Twain was one of the greatest producer of literary works America has ever produced. I saw a black and white bio movie about the man just last month, and I have no doubt that his writings (and motivations) have changed peoples lives from all corners of the globe.

Lastly, I also support your ‘pay it forward’ idea because I also viewed the Haley Joel Osment drama about the boy who introduced that novel idea.

Keep on binging the good stuff, man! I still want to be ‘kicked in the ass’ with more motivational quotes until I succeed!

Sorry, for the long comment. I couldn’t hold back the ‘ink’.

• Great quotes! It’s really amazing what a good motivational book can do.

• Sarah says:

Quote number 3 is so true. It is when we think that we develop knowledge.

• Pankaj Nikam says:

Only fools dont understand the value of books. They judge it by cover. It takes an open mind to get from the book. A closed mind is a sign of a dead.

• Shripriya says:

These would me understand the importance of reading more…….

• sapna says:

books really are the shapers of life….

• Agburu says:

Awesome

• fate says:

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”